• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

Race to state starts Thursday

Ready for a dry meet, cross country will compete in the District 9-5A championship meet on Thursday.

Luke Small

Luke Small

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

After consecutive meet cancellations due to weather and rescheduled competitions, cross country heads to Warren Park Thursday morning at 7 a.m. for the annual District 9-5A championship meet.

“I feel like despite the obstacles that we’ve faced I think our team will do well tomorrow with the training that our coaches has implemented on us,” senior Kaylen Ruiz said. “Even though Warren is infamous for being tough, I know that our early mornings that we practiced there will pay off. We have each other as a team and the knowledge of our coaches as well as their trust.”

Training since June, the team hopes all the miles and hours of running will pay off by earning a spot at the regional meet.

“I think the team should do good and place well,” junior Pierce Rupert said. “Throughout the season, there’s been a lot of hope and motivation to strive for regionals, and possibly even state, and that’ll show itself tomorrow.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will most likely find her at all of their meets. In addition to running an excessive amount of miles each day, Catie can most likely beat you in a handstand competition. Her favorite thing to order anywhere is sweet tea, which she drinks more often than water. Catie is excited to continue writing and is looking forward to what this year in Wingspan brings.

Contact Catie: [email protected]