• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Race to state starts Thursday

Race to state starts Thursday

Ready for a dry meet, cross country will compete in the District 9-5A championship meet on Thursday.

Luke Small

Luke Small

Luke Small

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

After consecutive meet cancellations due to weather and rescheduled competitions, cross country heads to Warren Park Thursday morning at 7 a.m. for the annual District 9-5A championship meet.

“I feel like despite the obstacles that we’ve faced I think our team will do well tomorrow with the training that our coaches has implemented on us,” senior Kaylen Ruiz said. “Even though Warren is infamous for being tough, I know that our early mornings that we practiced there will pay off. We have each other as a team and the knowledge of our coaches as well as their trust.”

Training since June, the team hopes all the miles and hours of running will pay off by earning a spot at the regional meet.

“I think the team should do good and place well,” junior Pierce Rupert said. “Throughout the season, there’s been a lot of hope and motivation to strive for regionals, and possibly even state, and that’ll show itself tomorrow.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will...