Wrapped books spark mystery

Only a few wrapped books remain on the selves in the library. The books only have a few descriptive words, and students can check them out throughout the month.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

With October being the spookiest month of the year, the school library is participating in this spirit by wrapping books up with newspapers.

By doing this, librarian Chelsea Hamilton hopes to add some mystery to the book picking process.

“October is mystery month and so I decided that I wanted to try and do something a little bit different and get more people into our mystery books so what better was to kind of market mystery books and make the book itself a mystery,” Hamilton said. “I wrapped the books in newspaper and I put some keywords about what each book is about. So it’s kind of like roulette with the book. You kind of have an idea of what you’re getting that you don’t really know. So it’s really a mystery.”

With the books providing very little context, Hamilton hopes the wrapped books catches students attention.

“I think that it is just visually different,” Hamilton said. “I mean how often do you see newspapers anymore and do you see a book wrapped in newspaper. It gets your attention by having that and question ‘what is it, i want to know what it’s about i want to know who wrote it, i want to know who wrote it.’ You don’t get to know those things until you get it.”