• Winter break Dec. 24 - Jan. 7

• First semester ends Dec. 21

• No school Nov. 19-23 for Thanksgiving break

Dance students take the floor at Collin Dance Day

At Collin College's Plano campus, dance students will be exposed to new techniques and a new environment at their Dance Day Event. Redhawks start their day on the floor with the program kicking off early at 7:30 a.m.

Courtney Kumler

Courtney Kumler

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Dance students and NHSDA members are stepping out of their comfort zone by participating at the annual Collin College Dance Day at the Plano campus on Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

“The purpose of our trip is to expose our dancers to new genres of dance in a collegiate setting, socialize and dance with other students from LHS and schools all over DFW,” dance teacher Marina Gonzalez said.

Despite the fact that the setting may be unfamiliar, junior Emma Gallagher is excited.

“I think I’ll benefit by meeting new people that are also interested in dance and learning new techniques,” Gallagher said. “I’m looking forward to learn new styles of dance in a new setting.”

Beyond improving their skills, students will have the opportunity to learn from higher level dancers and gain insight from their experience.

“CCDD encourages students to participate in new things and with new people,” Gonzalez said. “They get to experience a day in the life of a college dance student, learn from highly experienced individuals, and push themselves out of their comfort zones all while growing as dancers.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Yael Even is a junior starting her second year of Wingspan. She enjoys spending time with friends and family. Yael also likes to keep up with her healthy...