• Last day of school (May 30) is a half-day

• Last day of school is Thursday, May 30

Thanksgiving inspires class projects

Thanksgiving inspires class projects

Separating jute to wrap around the painted poster board, senior Rylie Auchenback creates a cornucopia in floral design before school lets out for Thanksgiving break.

Vihaan Gupta

Vihaan Gupta

Vihaan Gupta

In the last day before students scatter for fall break, curriculum shifts to Thanksgiving inspired activities for some classes. Graphic design students at the CTE Center are working on Thanksgiving placemats that will be sent to less fortunate children.

Creating two placemats each for a wide range of children, the finished product will be donated to children at the Samaritan Inn over Thanksgiving break.

For CTE graphic design teacher Angel Boyles the project is a way to get students’ work out in the community and provide a little something for kids in need.

“Just to help those kiddos out who are having to sit around and wait for their thanksgiving meal,” Boyles said. “It’s a great project, it helps us get out in the community. I think my students take a lot of pride in that, it’s a lot of fun.”

Each placemat will be donated with a set of crayons and will be sent to children ages 4-12.

Back on campus, floral design students utilized the week to make cornucopias to contribute to the thanksgiving season.

“I like doing the arrangements and putting the flowers together and the hands-on stuff,” junior Ryleigh Bates said.

Students can express their creativity and get a hands on experience through the project.

“I do like the flower aspect of it where you can be creative and have fun with the class,” junior Stormy Morris said. “I like how everyone is getting together and participating.”