Dak delivers, Crowe’s the winner

• History teacher Jeff Crowe stands alongside NFL quarterback Dak Prescott when he made a surprise visit into his classroom on Monday.

• Dak Prescott gives back to his community by personally delivering groceries to lucky sweepstakes winners provided by Albertsons and Tom Thumb.

• Campus staff awaits Dak Prescotts’ arrival as the Cowboy’s bus pulls into the parking lot on Monday during fourth period.

• Followed by a camera crew and escorted by principle Ashley Rainwater, Dak Prescott walks through the side doors of campus to visit with history teacher Jeff Crowe.

• Laughing alongside co-workers Dak Prescott walks onto campus to award teacher with free groceries.

• Dak Prescott carries groceries provided by Tom Thumb to present to history teacher Jeff Crowe after winning a sweepstakes via Tom Thumb and Albertsons.

• NFL player Dak Prescott exits the Cowboys’ bus in front of the school to be greeted by principle Ashley Rainwater.

• Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott signs a jersey for history teacher Jeff Crowe on Monday amongst a classroom full of shocked students.

Dallas Cowboy’s quarterback Dak Prescott made a surprise visit to campus on Monday to history teacher Jeff Crowe’s class after winning a contest through Tom Thumb and Albertsons.

I’m just thankful to be able to give back and have such an opportunity to touch people and change people’s lives,

— Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott

“They called me yesterday they were like ‘hey we pulled your name out for a sweepstakes,” Crowe said. “We’re going to give you $150 of free groceries and we have a couple goodies to drop off for you.’ So I gave them my work address but I had no idea that he was going to come.”

This is the second year Prescott has been doing this, and for him, it’s about giving back to his fans and the people around him.

“This is the platform that the Cowboys organization has given me and I’m just thankful to be able to have that and be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and be able to give back and have such an opportunity to touch people and change people’s lives,” Prescott said in a 2017 video posted on Facebook by the Dallas Cowboys. “It’s my responsibility to do that.”

Coming off what many consider the Cowboys’ biggest win of the year, Prescott arrival came as a shock to Crowe’s class.

“It was hard to see who he was at first because there was a lot of people there and a lot of cameras,” sophomore Avery Jennings said. “Everyone was confused but then everyone started freaking out saying ‘oh my gosh it’s Dak.’”

I’m still in disbelief. I’m still in a state of shock. He seemed real down to earth,

— history teacher Jeff Crowe

Chatting with Prescott after his surprise wore off, Crowe discovered he and the Cowboys quarterback have a mutual friend.

“I’m still in disbelief,” Crowe said. “I’m still in a state of shock. He seemed real down to earth and we were talking back and forth and we actually have a friend in common. One of my former students who went to Mississippi State is where he went to college and he’s about her age. She was a varsity volleyball player for Liberty. Her name was Paris Perrette. And he was like ‘oh yeah I know Paris real well I’ll text her tonight that I was in your classroom.”

For sophomore India Cunningham, Prescott’s visit was a first hand look at the Cowboy’s relationship with the community.

“I didn’t know it was him so I was kind of shook,” sophomore India Cunningham said. “I think he’s just really down to earth. They’re really supportive towards the Dallas community and Texas so I think it’s really great.”