• Winter break Dec. 24 - Jan. 7

• First semester ends Dec. 21

Girls’ basketball seeks to extend perfect district record

Pointing+to+a+spot+on+the+court%2C+girls%27+head+basketball+coach+Ross+Reedy+explains+a+concept+during+a+recent+practice.+The+girls%27+team+is+back+in+action+Tuesday+night+as+they+travel+west+to+take+on+Frisco+High+School+starting+at+6%3A00+p.m.+The+team+enters+the+game+with+a+2-0+record+in+District+9-5A.+

Pointing to a spot on the court, girls' head basketball coach Ross Reedy explains a concept during a recent practice. The girls' team is back in action Tuesday night as they travel west to take on Frisco High School starting at 6:00 p.m. The team enters the game with a 2-0 record in District 9-5A.

Sydney Heal

Sydney Heal

Sydney Heal

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aiming for a three peat, the girls’ basketball team travels west to Frisco High on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in hopes of adding a third win to their District 9-5A record.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to go out and work on some new things that we want to be able to do over the course of the next two months and the rest of the year,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “It’s also a great opportunity for us to get everybody a chance to play and get some good minutes in. And so we feel confident going in that we can have some success, and really we are just most excited that we get to work on some things live that we’ve been working on in practice.”

Going into each game, Reedy instills confidence in the team by reminding them of their hard work in practice.

“I remind the girls that all the work is done in practice and so they are kind of are what you are when you go into the game,” Reedy said. “Most importantly, they just need to go out there and play, really to trust in what they they know, trust in what they’ve learned and go out there and try not to think too much so they can play fast, be fast and not second guess themselves. Just remind them to be confident.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...