End the misery, buy better tissues

Its cold and allergy season but the tissues provided by the school can hurt noses more than help.

Emma Crampton

It’s cold and allergy season but the tissues provided by the school can hurt noses more than help.

Emma Crampton, Guest Contributor

As the weather changes, the autumn leaves are not the only things turning red; so are student’s noses with teachers constantly sending students to the nurse’s office to pick up a new box of tissues.

One would assume these tissues would help with the student’s allergies, colds and runny noses. Well, that’s supposed to be the purpose.

Despite the fact that tissues are made to relieve the irritation and allergies, they could actually be making the issue much worse. The tissues that the school purchases are rough, bothering the noses of students even further.

It is understandable that the school would not want to spend a great amount of money on tissues, but they end up having to buy even more since the students mindlessly irritate their noses again and again.

Students believe the tissues are helping them, but little do they know their growing problem is becoming worse by the tissue.

The school needs to buy a better brand of tissue to help irritation and allergies. Kleenex tissues can help alleviate allergies and moisturize skin as well. It could also stop students from having to bring their own mini packs of tissues to school.

That being said, there is a solution to these rough tissues that the school provides. The fate of students’ noses is in jeopardy, it’s time for the school to end the misery and buy better tissues.