Improv troupe takes the stage

Cooper Ragle, WTV Staff Reporter

Quick thinking, witty replies, humorous situations and set ups, teamwork, is all part of a campus club.

Tonight at students, staff, and community members are invited to see first hand at their first performance of the year.

From the outside, it may look like the school’s improv students are just playing games, but for the student’s involved, it’s about more than that.

“My favorite part of improv I think is just getting to know all the people that go there and just being able to play games,” junior Lauren Head said. It really gives us a good opportunity to just get closer with each other and just gain skills for not only improv, not only theatre, but for the real world.”

Lots of planning and effort goes into the meetings.

My main duty as co-president is just planning out what we’re gonna do that day so every night before improv i’ll go through a list of games and see what out troupe needs more time on or what they really seem to enjoy,” junior Natalie Guerra said. “I’ll just plan out what warm up games, what intermediate games, and then advanced games well do the next day.”

All the work is rewarded when the club starts its day.

“I’m really excited to see all the growth that people are going to have as we go throughout the year. already, were only in the first semester and i’ve seen so much growth with all the students,” junior Emily Degramo said. “We have a very large troupe and keeping track of all of them has been tough, but i can see individual growth in every one of them and i’m excited to see more.”