Semester schedule change deadline approaches

Lucas Barr

Due to the PSAT, the usual block schedule looks a little different this week. Wednesday and Thursday are “A days,” and Friday is a “B day.”

Lucas Barr, Editor-in-chief

Pre-AP and AP drop forms are due the counselor’s office Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Students also have the ability to add a Pre-AP or AP course with approval from the parent, current teacher, and teacher of the new course.

Schedule changes for the next semester are only eligible for students adding or dropping advanced courses or classes necessary for graduation at the end of the year. Exceptions to the guidelines require communication with a student’s designated counselor and approval from a campus administrator.

For students like senior Shobha Melukote, the ability to alter schedules at the semester is crucial to managing work and stress.

“Dropping calculus will give me a lot more time to focus on AP Chemistry since I want to do medicine in college and chemistry is more important to me than calculus,” Melukote said. “Being able to drop an AP class at the semester is important because, since many classes get harder as you go, you might not have a good idea of how much of a workload you actually have after the first six weeks, but you can realize that as you get further along in the first semester and not be able to handle it.”