• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

The Jet lands at The Nest

The+girls%27+basketball+team+played+against+the+Centennial+Titans+on+Tuesday.+During+the+game%2C+Jason+Terry+visited+The+Nest+as+an+audience+member.+

The Jet lands at The Nest

The girls' basketball team played against the Centennial Titans on Tuesday. During the game, Jason Terry visited The Nest as an audience member.

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Hidden amongst the crowd, former Dallas Mavericks and Milwaukee Bucks player Jason Terry watched the the girls’ basketball team go head to head against the Centennial Titans on Tuesday night.

“I knew he was in Milwaukee last year playing for the Bucks, so I didn’t know he was back in Plano and that he’d come to Liberty,” senior Eddie Chen said. “I didn’t know that he had any connection to Liberty.”

Currently not affiliated with a team and on the brink of retirement, Terry spent time back where many people begin their basketball career: the high school gymnasium.

Being some of the few to recognize Terry, seniors Eddie Chen, Aniket Matharasi, Aten Kumar, Richard Huang, and Nicholas Hung snapped a picture with one of their childhood fans.

“I thought it was pretty crazy because I’ve always watched Jason Terry growing up,” Matharasi said. “I have a poster of him in my room and I’ve always been a fan of him. It was really cool meeting my first NBA player actually. He was a lot cooler than I expected.”

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...