Boys’ soccer falls in final non-district game

Boys' head soccer coach Fred Kaiser walks off the field during practice on Wednesday, Jan. 9 2018 after falling to the Greenville Lions the night before, 5-3. Boys' hope to switch the season around on Friday's game against Memorial.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Kicking off in their final non-district game on Tuesday night, boys’ soccer fell to the Greenville Lions 5-3, but the team looks for redemption as they work to improve their play during practices this week.

“I thought we played fairly well on the offensive side,” junior John Keene said. “I think if we keep playing together and growing our chemistry we will fix things defensively.”

Despite the loss, head boys’ soccer coach Fred Kaiser hopes the team’s coachability will allow for success come Friday.

“I was disappointed; it seems like there was confusion and a lot of ball watching on the field,” Kaiser said. “But after a loss, players seem to be more receptive of what the coach says.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...