Lion’s Den looms for Redhawks hoops

Senior Randi Thompson (#23) goes up for a shot in the paint on Tuesday, Jan. 8, against Lebanon Trail. Redhawks look for the same success as they go up against Reedy High School on Friday, Jan. 18.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

District 9-5A play is winding down with the the basketball teams traveling to Reedy to take on the Lions with the girls’ team starting off the night at 6:00 p.m. and the boys’ game immediately following.

With just six games left, the girls are hoping to keep up their defensive pressure which has resulted in the team giving up a total of 343 points in its last three games.

“We’ve really been focusing on defense a lot for the past couple of weeks so we’re really happy that it shows,” senior Alyssa Nayar said. “We are expecting the same outcome from Reedy and are still working to limit our mistakes as we prepare for playoffs.”

The boys’ team still has eight district games on its schedule, with the team in second place, two games behind first place Lone Star.

“I go into each game expecting a win and that’s really the only thing I expect,” senior Zion Richardson said. “I think we are going to play great in this game.”