Aiming for wins, soccer teams take on Independence

Boys%27+soccer+huddles+on+the+sideline+in+the+game+against+the+Reedy+Lions+on+Friday%2C+Jan.+18.+The+Redhawks+are+back+in+action+Friday+against+Independence+on+Friday%2C+Feb.+1%2C+2019+as+they+go+for+their+first+District+9-5A+win.+

Boys' soccer huddles on the sideline in the game against the Reedy Lions on Friday, Jan. 18. The Redhawks are back in action Friday against Independence on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019 as they go for their first District 9-5A win.

Nicolly Moreno

Nicolly Moreno

Nicolly Moreno

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Battling the Knights, the Redhawk soccer program faces off against Independence on Friday, with the boys beginning at 6:30 p.m. at home and the girls starting at 7:00 p.m. at Independence.   

“We are looking to get our first win, and I think when we do that, it’ll turn the season around,” senior Nicholas Siv said. “We are remaining focused, positive, and watching film to help prepare.”

Approaching the game with a win-from-within mentality, sophomore Zoe Junior believes her and her teammates will be able to take their District 9-5A record to 4-2.

“I’m very hyped and prepared for Independence,” Junior said. “Obviously I hope we win and end up with great results. I think our successes come from within us, so if we bring our determination, I think we will do great.”