Canvas painting project Wednesday after school

Students set up tables for the canvas painting event held by StuCo. Students have the choice to donate their painting to Prestonwood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for two volunteer hours.

Dea-Mallilka Divi

Dea-Mallilka Divi

Dea-Mallilka Divi

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

In honor of Valentine’s Day, the annual canvas painting is being hosted on campus from 4:30 – to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday with 111 students signed up to paint with addition of volunteers from NAHS to help out.

With hopes of making of canvas painting being picture perfect, students have the choice to donate their painting to Prestonwood Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for two volunteer hours.

“We wanted to make sure that we could still do good for our community with our event,” senior Austin Widner said. “The donated paintings will be a great surprise for the residents as well as thoughtful decoration for the upcoming Valentine’s Day.”

Canvas painting is an annual event, and throughout the years it has been a success.

“I think Liberty has a very large amount of people who want to help their community,” Widner said. “We were able to combine that with a fun event and so I think that’s why so many people want to come every year.”

Art teacher Jeb Matulich is leading the canvas painting with students following along images projected on the screen in the cafeteria.

“I want everyone to have a good time,” Matulich said. “Maybe they can learn some new things about painting on a canvas, and express their creative ways. I’m going to teach them how to do the painting that we are doing, but they will have some freedom as how custom and creative they want to get with it.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Yael Even is a junior starting her second year of Wingspan. She enjoys spending time with friends and family. Yael also likes to keep up with her healthy...