District shines spotlight on drill teams

Kirthi Gummadi, WTV Staff Reporter

Red Rhythm, along with the dance teams of every school in the district are going to be in the spotlight tonight. Frisco ISD’s dance team showcase is from 6:30 – 8:30pm at Independence High School.

The event is open to the public and admission is free with dance teams from all 10 fisd high schools performing.

“The FISD dance team showcase is an event for the community to come out and support all the local drill teams so they are going to compete the following weekends after that show, so it’s a great dress rehearsal and it’s an opportunity for family and friends to support the dance teams,” drill team director Nicole Nothe said. “It benefits the team because its an opportunity for them to perform in front of a large group of people especially in the Independence dance floor in the main gym because that’s where they compete the following Saturday and it’s a good opportunity to get that feel before they compete.”

For the girls in Red Rhythm, it’s the chance to get ready for competition season.

“I think the showcase is really beneficial,” senior Lauren Johnson said. “It gives us the opportunity to perform in front of other drill teams and see our coaches reaction, and it gives us the opportunity to do something full out and make sure we have the performance down so that if we make any mistakes we can fix that in the practices that come after that performance.”