Swan song for senior boys

Camron Clark

Boys’ and girls’ basketball team both prepare to take on the Trailblazers Tuesday night. The teams are feeling confident in their abilities, during these upcoming games.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

It’s a bittersweet night for boys’ basketball as they go into their last home and District 9-5A game for the season. Celebrating five athletes in honor of senior night, the Redhawks are hosting the Heritage Coyotes Tuesday 7:15 p.m.

“For senior night I’m expecting the boys to play their hardest and embrace the fact that they are playing their last game at the nest,” head cooach Stephen Friar said. “We have a tradition of starting all seniors on senior night so we try to make it about them and the legacy they’ve left.”

Sitting in second place behind Lone Star, the team is expecting its 11th consecutive win to help launch the team into playoffs.

“This last home game for me as a senior means success,” senior Peyton Harwell said. “Four amazing years of Liberty basketball and this last home game will show just how far I’ve come and how far the other seniors have come since freshman year. We expect to come out with a lot of energy and ultimately expect a win in our last game in the nest.”