Falling to the Titans

Falling to the Titans

Taking on the Centennial Titans Tuesday night, the softball team fell in a hole early before losing the District 9-5A game 10-0. Despite this rough start, the team still looks to make it to play offs.

video screenshot: Kennedy Williams

video screenshot: Kennedy Williams

video screenshot: Kennedy Williams

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Facing off against the Centennial Titans on Tuesday night, softball fell 10-0 in its third District 9-5A game of the season.  

“I think we need to work on hitting basically watching some really good pitching and being able to see the ball, put it in play, make sure that we are focusing on putting the ball out and not popping up,” assistant softball coach Chantel Stewart said. “Also, I think defensively, we did a really good job but we made a few crucial errors at not so good times. I think we have already faced our most brutal opponents in district so I’m hoping that we will see a little bit more success in the next few games.”

Despite Tuesday’s setback, sophomore Rachel Wilson says the team has its eyes on a playoff run.

“We have been practicing really hard trying to improve everything we can,” Wilson said via text. “Our seniors have really stepped up as leaders this year and are great role models for everyone on the team. Even though we have started the season with a little bit of a rocky start, I believe that as we continue to play we will really be able to come together as a team and make it to playoffs this year.”