AP exam registration deadline Thursday

Late registration until April 4

AP exam registration deadline Thursday

March 6th is the last day to pay for AP tests without a late fee. The late fee will be $20 for each test after March 6th at 4:30 p.m.

Madeline Aronson, Staff Reporter

The deadline to sign up for AP tests without a late fee is Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Each exam is $94, with fees increasing by $20 to $114 for those that miss the Thursday deadline.

For students taking multiple AP exams, the cost of testing can quickly add up. However, for students that do well, money can be saved in the long run.

“If you score high enough on the AP test, a three, four or five, you can send that score to the college you choose to attend in order to earn college credit,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “For some colleges you can earn up to 12 or 15 college credits, which really can save you time and money when you do get to college.”

After Thursday’s deadline passes, students can still register for their AP exams by April 4 at the cost of $114 per exam.

“AP testing is great practice on doing a comprehensive exam that you have to do in college, that you don’t generally do in high school, where you take an exam that is over everything you’ve learned that year,” Stokes said. “To get these benefits, sign up fast, because there is a final deadline where you can no longer sign up for the test.”