Noting tips and tricks from the pros

Noting tips and tricks from the pros

Getting the opportunity to obtain advise from professionals, band and orchestra will travel to Reedy High School on Monday, March 18, 2019 to attend a master class brought on by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.

Madeline Aronson

Madeline Aronson

Madeline Aronson

Ally Lynn, Guest Contributor

Band and orchestra students have the opportunity to improve their skills at a master class hosted by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra on Monday, March 18, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Reedy High School.

Working with a professional that actively performs as a career is incredibly beneficial,” Associate Director of Bands, Zachary Anderson, said via email. “Students will get the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the industry.”

For the seventh annual year, this event offers advice from professional musicians in DSO with musicians providing tips on tempo, breathing, tone, and much more.

“I attended one of the Dallas Symphony master classes and got a chance to play for Haley Hoops,” Heritage High french horn player, Jackson Prasifka said to Frisco ISD. “It was an incredible opportunity to get constructive feedback from a world-class musician.”

The event is also an opportunity for spectators and teachers to learn as anybody can watch the interactions between students and DSO musicians.

I can’t teach what I don’t know,” Anderson said via email. “These professionals can give specific feedback that I cannot provide given their experience in the industry.”

The DSO master class has benefits for anyone who goes and is a fun way for FISD students to become better musicians.

“Students will benefit from the masterclass,” Anderson said via email. “They will get a better understanding on how to approach and prepare their music.”

About the Photographer
Madeline Aronson, Staff Reporter

Maddie Aronson is Junior and is new to the Wingspan program. She is the president of the SAGA club at Liberty, and plays for the Redhawk...