No break for boys of spring

Baseball goes 1-4 since March 8

No break for boys of spring

With five games since March 8, the baseball team didn't get much of a spring break. Playing several non-district teams, the Redhawks split District 9-5A games against the Memorial Warriors, winning on Thursday 9-1, but losing on Friday 9-2.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

The Redhawks swung into the end of spring break with a 9-1 win against the Memorial Warriors at Memorial, but fell to the Warriors 9-2 on Friday at home.

“We played very well on Thursday, going out and having a good session of batting practice and pregame, scoring early, playing good defense, and scoring again late,” senior Mitchell Miller said via text. “But Friday I think we went in expecting to win and underestimated our opponent, and that cost us, as well as a few errors, and our hits didn’t fall our way.”

The games against Memorial were the final two of five played since March 8, with the team losing 8-4 score against Rockwall-Heath and Denton Braswell, followed by 11-1 loss against Waco Midway on March 9.

“Playing during spring break is the same as playing during a school week, so it’s beneficial because we continue to work instead of taking a week off,” he said via text. “It’s no different than playing every other week.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...