Restroom rescue

Glen Hubbard

From left to right, senior Myron Huff, senior Anthony McDonald, senior Jack Tillman, senior Charlie Knight, sophomore Cooper Crabtree, and junior Jakub Barbachowski show their gratitude after being released from a locked bathroom. Huff has experienced a locked bathroom on more than one occasion this year. It took the help of both the school administrators and the six students to finally break free.

Trisha Dasgupta, Guest Contributor

Going to the bathroom took a bit longer than usual for six guys on Wednesday as they were temporarily locked in after a door handle broke in an upstairs bathroom.

I thought that [senior] Myron [Huff] was joking when he told me we were locked but then it was true,” sophomore Charlie Knight said. “I wasn’t thinking anything bad because it was just a bathroom but it was still weird.”

School administrators were quickly alerted about the situation and before long, the bathroom six were free as some jiggling of the door handle from both sides of the door released the locking mechanism.

“Like any traumatic experience you start thinking of loved ones who might miss you if you are gone, and everything else you’ve accomplished with your life,” senior Jack Tillman said. “I don’t know exactly how they got the door open but we were all relieved we were going to live to see another day.”

The guys decided to make the best of their unfortunate experience and passed the time by finding solace in music.

“We were all scared at first but then we started talking a little bit and got to know each other, and I feel like I made a strong connection with the other individuals with me,” Tillman said. “Once we broke the ice we decided the best way to pass the time was through song, so we decided to sing Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver.”