Jostens delivers caps and gowns on Thursday

Maddie Aronson

Jostens employees check out cap and gowns to seniors by the gym. Graduation is just weeks away as students walk the stage at 7 p.m. on May 31, 2019 at the Ford Center at The Star.

Maddie Aronson, Staff Reporter

Graduation got a lot more real for seniors on Thursday as Jostens was on campus delivering  cap and gown packages for the class of 2019.

“I feel great [about my cap and gown] because we’re getting close to the end of the year, which  means were going to graduate soon,” senior Elizabeth Anderson said. “Its symbolizes that you’re leaving. It solidifies that I’ve worked this hard so far and now it’s time to move on, and get started with my career path and get started with my own life.”

The cap and gown is not only a great momento for the future graduates, but senior Gunner Vestal believes it holds serious significance to him even now.

“It means i’m going to be graduating and i’m going to be walking across the stage,” Vestal said. “It means that I’ve done what I’ve had to do to graduate.”

Getting the cap and gown, then eventually graduation, opens up countless doors for Vestal, Anderson, and the rest of the graduating class.

“I feel pretty excited because I’m ready to start my life, and start my own path.” Vestal said, “It’s really exciting to get to the next state in life.”