Texas Revs kickoff season Sunday at The Star

Indoor+football+team%2C+Texas+Revolution+is+now+calling+the+Ford+Center+at+The+Star+home%2C+with+the+team+kicking+off+its+first+home+game+of+the+season+against+Amarillo+Venom+on+Sunday+at+1+p.m.+

Indoor football team, Texas Revolution is now calling the Ford Center at The Star home, with the team kicking off its first home game of the season against Amarillo Venom on Sunday at 1 p.m.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Sports City, U.S.A. has added another professional team to its menu of athletics, with indoor football team Texas Revolution calling the Ford Center at The Star home, with the team kicking off its first home game of the season against Amarillo Venom on Sunday at 1 p.m.

“Attracting the Texas Revs to Frisco was a great move for all of us,” Frisco Mayor Chief of Staff Lorie Medina said via email. “Arena football is fun, fast-paced, and family-friendly. We love having Texas Revs in Frisco.”

Defeating the Arlington Longhorns 38-7 in a preseason game in March, mayor Jeff Cheney had the unique opportunity of playing in the game.

“I was scared to death,” Cheney said via email. “My two sons were there watching and I knew I could not wimp out. I thought the Revs were going to bring me in on an almost ceremonial type of play. When they called my name and I ran onto the field, I only realized then it was very real.”

Making a tackle during the game, Cheney describes the event as an unforgettable experience.

“I was thrilled to make a tackle; even though I was sore for two days, it was all worth it,” Cheney said via email. “To play in a professional football game and make a real tackle is a moment I will never forget.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...