Rolater Road to get a spring cleaning

Student Council is participating in the “Adopt a Street” program. Over the long weekend, StuCo is hosting a “Clean It and Green It” on Rolater Street on Monday.

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Student Council is hosting “Clean It and Green It” in honor of Earth Day with students invited to help clean Rolater Street Monday from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.

“I’m looking forward to spending a beautiful morning with my friends while doing good and helping the community,” senior Austin Widner said. “We’ll be meeting at Liberty at 10 am, and then we’ll drive down to the CVS on Coit and Rolater. We’ll then walk from Coit to Independence while picking up and bagging trash.”

Although “Clean It and Green It” is an event to help the environment, Widner hopes it will also bring the school and community together.

“It’s always good for students to help their community, it generates better spirit and more care for where they are,” Widner said. “This event is always fun because you get to hang out with friends as well so it’s a win-win.”

In addition to helping clean the area around the school, junior Zach Bishop is ready to make an impact.

“I’m looking forward to doing something impactful and bringing together the school,” Bishop said. “Helping your community is always an extremely rewarding feeling, it’ll be worth coming.”