Wynia sets another school strikeout record in 4-2 loss

Softball falls to Lebanon Trail 10-9

Morgan Lucas

To kick off the 2020 season, baseball participated in a tournament on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Utilizing the games for practice, the team prepares for district play.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Breaking yet another record, senior pitcher Tim Wynia established a new school mark for the number of strikeouts in a season (115) in the Redhawks 4-2 loss to the Heritage Coyotes Monday night.

“It’s sad leaving behind a program that I’ve been with for four years, but I’m also excited for the next steps life will bring me,” Wynia said. “Our team bond contributed most to the results of the last two games. We’ve been having more fun during the games and played as well as we could.”

A record-breaking 115 strikeouts in a single season isn’t enough for Wynia, as he pushes himself even more each time he gets on the mound.

“My performances were pretty good but there’s always room for improvement,” Wynia said. “I keep trying to push myself to do even better the next time I go out and pitch.”

Also playing Monday night, the softball team lost to the Lebanon Trail Blazers 10-9, ending the District 9-5A season with a 4-15 record.

“We have really been acting more as a team and these last few games have really showcased it,” sophomore Rachel Wilson said. “This is one of the strongest teams in our district and to come back from a run rule loss to losing by one is a great improvement. I think that all we can do is try to limit errors in the field.”