App would allow for customized smoothies

Sophomore Lamia Zuberi has designed to a smoothie based app

Sophomore Lamia Zuberi’s app, Select N’ Smoothies, would allow students to virtually decide the components of their school’s smoothies to better provide for their nutritional needs.

Brooke Colombo, Staff Reporter

Voting will end at midnight Friday in the Social Innovation Series with sophomore Lamia Zuberi’s app Select N’ Smoothies one of 10 up for the title of SAP’s Teen Innovator and an all-expenses paid trip to the 50th Super Bowl and $10,000 in grants.

Zuberi’s app would allow students to virtually decide the components of their school’s smoothies to better provide for their nutritional needs.

The app features smoothies that help to combat issues like fatigue, sickness, and loss of electrolytes, and a running calorie counter.

“I want to become a doctor in the future,” Zuberi said. “I really wanted to improve something when I saw a concern at school.”

Her inspiration for this innovation came from her love for entrepreneurship and the role that health and wellness plays in her life as a varsity tennis player. With the addition of this app, students will have the chance to create a custom made drink.

“It’ll provide students to get nutrients efficiently and they’ll actually like it since they’ll get to build it themselves,” Zuberi said. “Improving [health] anywhere is really important.”