FEF Scholarship now open

The FEF application includes portions of academic and financial information and requires two teacher recommendations. The scholarship has helped FISD students since 1999. This years FEF application closes Thursday at 4 p.m.

Frisco Education Foundation

The FEF application includes portions of academic and financial information and requires two teacher recommendations. The scholarship has helped FISD students since 1999. This year’s FEF application closes Thursday at 4 p.m.

Emma Crampton, Guest Contributor

The Frisco Education Foundation is a non-profit 501c3 that started in 1999 is used to benefit the students and staff in FISD in the process of college applications. FEF is a non-profit organization that has been helping students for almost 17 years.

“Our mission is to provide financial resources to maximize student potential in the FISD through education programs, student scholarships, and grants for innovative educators,” FEF program specialist Terri West said.

In May 2015, FEF awarded 594 FISD seniors with 780 scholarships, totaling over $690,000.

“It could help me with applying to colleges,” senior Aricelli Rodriguez said. “It’ll help me get what I need to get done and not pay as much as the college alone requires me to pay.”

Even underclassmen are interested in applying when their time comes.

“It’s a good thing because it helps people out to get scholarships,” junior Nathan Kabongo said. “I’ll probably apply next year so I can get the best help that I can.”