A dessert delight

Nothing Bundt Cakes delivers with a variety of flavors

A large display case offering different sizes and flavors of bundt cakes greets customers when they walk into the store.

Dea-Mallika Divi

Dea-Mallika Divi, Guest Contributor

Nothing Bundt Cakes is a bakery whose mission statement is to create cakes that remind you of home and open a new world in your mouth as you taste their one of a kind cakes. When customers walk in the door, they are greeted with the sweet scent of icing.

With samples of their featured flavors offered throughout the day, customers have the chance to get a taste before they order with featured flavors including Red Velvet, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Lemon and White Chocolate Raspberry. They also offer nine different flavors throughout the year with another flavor often offered depending on the season.

The Red Velvet cake melts in your mouth leaving your mouth craving more of their buttermilk and cocoa infused bundt cake. The cake is close to perfection. The cream cheese icing leaves a sickly sweet taste in your mouth.

Personal bundt cakes are one of the featured items at Nothing Bundt Cakes.

Dea-Mallika Divi

The Chocolate Chocolate cake tasted satisfactory but doesn’t blow the customers away. It is tough to get to taste much of the chocolate because the sweetened icing overpowers it. However, without the icing, the cake was marvelous. The addition of chocolate chips gave the bundt cake a much needed texture and made up for the syrupy icing.

The White Chocolate Raspberry cake is unique. It tastes like a freshly baked birthday cake. Bland on its own, the icing combined with the cake creates an incredible taste inside your mouth. It is as if one’s taste buds are having a party. Unfortunately, it doesn’t taste like a single raspberry got an invite as they couldn’t be tasted as the taste of white chocolate is surprisingly overpowering.

Unfortunately the lemon bundt cake was awful. The flavor combination of lemon, cream cheese and butter may lead to a stomach ache, with the smell of the cake inducing a headache second only to a major sinus headache. The first bite is ordinary, it doesn’t blow customer’s mind away.As customers start to eat more, stomachs start to turn inside out. Needless to say, of these four featured flavours, Lemon is the least impressive flavour.  

The employees at the family friendly bakery are attentive and ready to help. Many different sizes are offered so customers have a wide range of options and orders often are ready within 10 minutes of ordering.

Nothing Bundt Cakes is the place to go for bundt cake fanatics. 100 percent of their flavors may not be perfect, but there are enough marvelous flavors to will blow customers away.