Country music takes over the home of FC Dallas

One of the biggest 2-day country music festival in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in 2019, Off the Rails reigned in thousands of people on Saturday and Sunday at Toyota Stadium to see some of the top performers in country music, including headliners Sam Hunt and Luke Bryan.

With an electric crowd for both Saturday and Sunday, people of all ages gathered to hear some of their favorite artists with kids standing on chairs to teens jumping and singing their hearts out to 40-year-olds ready to relax and listen.

On Saturday, the show began about noon, but it wasn’t until close to 4 p.m. before fans started to our in. The day was filled with different types of country from Aaron Watson’s homegrown southern sound, to Jake Owen’s beachy vibes, and finally, Luke Bryan’s electric entrance mixing both pop and country into some smash hits that left fans wanting more.

However, it was Sunday that stole the show as it featured one of the best line ups, with by far one of the most impressive performances by an artist that has attracted buzz for the last two years. After his debut album This One’s for You, Luke Combs had almost everyone on their feet singing along to some of the crowd’s and my own personal favorite, Beautiful Crazy which has sat at No. 1 on the Billboard for 10 weeks now for Hot New Country Songs.

Giving off a relaxed vibe by walking the stage with a microphone and a red solo cup, Combs was able to excite the crowd without the use of dramatic lights and over the top dancing which reflected his strength as a vocalist.

The plethora of artists and sounds made for a fun-filled weekend of country music and dancing, all-encompassing what makes Texas country.

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...