Friday the final day to return books to the library

Dea-Mallika Divi

The process for selecting classes for 2021-2022 is underway, but while certain courses are mandatory, librarian Chelsea Hamilton is trying to find a few students to take a class period as a library aide. “Library aide is an opportunity for students who love to read or enjoy the library to be able to spend more time with what they enjoy,” Hamilton said via email. “Library aides get hands-on experience organizing and shelving books, chances to express their creativity in decorating the space, and have a place to call their own.”

Alyssa Murphy, WTV Staff Reporter

As the school year draws near so does the time to turn in books. Tomorrow is the final day to return books in the library to give library staff enough time to get the everything ready for the next school year.

“We have them due a couple weeks before the end of school that way we can make sure that we can get all of them in,” Librarian Chelsea Hamilton said. “We have to inventory all of our books and we have over 17,000 books in the library. closing it a little bit early and having all of the books due a little bit early kind of gives us some time to make sure we can put everything back in order before school ends because we have to put everything back and get everything nice and neat so that over the summer the teachers can come in and they do summer planning and curriculum and all kinds of fun teachery things.”