Rallying the community, Redhawks host Kick-Off

Red Rhythm as well as cheer, football, and color guard will head to the gym on Saturday to kick off football season. Hyping up the start of a new year and new season, students and their families are encouraged to attend.

Color guard, football, Red Rhythm, and cheer are showcasing what fans can expect to see throughout the football season at Saturday’s Redhawk Kick-Off from 6-7:30 p.m. in the gym.

“The purpose of the event is to kick off football season but it’s also trying to bring the school community, the outside community in together and just kick off the whole school year on a high spirit,” cheerleading coach Kandi Stevens said. “We are encouraging all the families to come.”

Featuring a pep rally, meet the Redhawks, games, a bounce house, and hamburgers, the event is designed to provide an energetic spark to students and their families for the 2019-20 school year. 

For freshman Ryan Stulting, Saturday’s event is a way to get to know the Redhawk community.

“For fun,” Stulting said. “My coaches told me and I’m really excited to see everybody, get to know the school, and have a good time.”