Frisco ISD enrollment increases

Frisco ISD enrollment increases

September's monthly Board of Trustees meeting covered new trends in enrollment on Monday, Sept. 9, 2019. Currently, the district has received more student enrollment then the past three years.

Mady Daddario

Mady Daddario

Mady Daddario

Among the dozens of items on the agenda for Monday’s monthly Board of Trustees meeting, enrollment figures for the 2019-20 school year were discussed.

“We are seeing a couple different trends this year,” Deputy Superintendent of Business Services Todd Fouche said at the Board of Trustee’s Meeting Monday. “This is the most enrollment growth that we’ve had in about three years. We are about 2,450 higher than where we were this time last year.”

Out of more than 60,000 students, the sophomore class holds the title for the largest class in the district.

“Another interesting note, our 10th grade class is our largest class,” he said. “I want to make sure everybody understands. When our 10th grade class were kindergarteners, there were 3200 students. Now, there are 5200 students. Another trend that is not normal, our senior class is larger than our kindergarten class. What you see is all levels this year adding students.”