Wingspan podcasts now available on iTunes

Senior+Kaitlyn+Kumler+listens+to+the+second+episode+of+Philosophy+Planet+on+her+AirPods+in+the+hallway.+All+podcasts+are+now+available+on+iTunes+in+addition+to+the+Wingspan+site.+

Aaron Boehmer

Senior Kaitlyn Kumler listens to the second episode of Philosophy Planet on her AirPods in the hallway. All podcasts are now available on iTunes in addition to the Wingspan site.

Aaron Boehmer, Managing Editor

From the returning United Colors of Liberty and Stranger in America, to new pespectives highlighted in Dumb & Dumber, Philosophy Planet, Music Notes, My Latest Obsession, and Frisco Bubble Boys, Wingspan has expanded its coverage, and in turn, its reach as all podcasts are now available on iTunes

Discussing current fads in his weekly My Latest Obsession podcast, sophomore Aden McClune believes iTunes will allow more people to hear different perspectives. 

“It is a great way for Wingspan and students to extend their reach passed the website and be on a more well known platform,” McClune said.  “I’m glad for the opportunity to be a part of something that can put people’s voices out there.” 

Wingspan will now join the catalog of popular podcasts available on the iTunes library, some of which put on by organizations like TED, and public figures like brothers John and Hank Green

“I think having Wingspan podcasts on iTunes prompts me to listen to them more, because I usually listen when I’m doing projects that don’t require thinking just because it’s interesting to listen to,” junior Chloe Zonis said. “I usually listen to Dear Hank and John or Ted Ed podcasts which are both educational, more or less. People should listen to podcasts because you can learn a lot while not really doing anything other than listening.” 

In another weekly podcast taken over by Managing Editor, senior Maddie Aronson, United Colors of Liberty aims to bring the campus’s diversity to the forefront, and sees iTunes as a way to further increase exposure. 

“I think it’s really great that we have our podcasts available in a new way because it makes it more accessible to all listeners,” Aronson said. “Our content is now more convenient because people use their phones so much, and now iTunes lets them listen on the go.”