No scripts required for improv club

Students Lauren Head, Emily DeGarmo, and Gregory Underwood II met before school with their peers to practice improv drills. The improv club meets in the blackbox every Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 a.m.

Johnny Anderson, WTV Staff Reporter

Freshmen, and new students on campus can sometimes have trouble finding their thing on campus, but for students looking to get into theatre have an easy way to start getting involved.

The Improv Club is where students gather and play a series of games that improve their improvisation skills in the blackbox every Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 a.m. 

“It would kind of help people come out of their shell and kind of show them there’s a community for everybody,” sophomore Jessica Daly said. “They can be themselves, and take chances, and nobody’s really there to judge them. improv, i feel like is one of the most comfortable places that you can be because we’re all making it up as we go and we’re all trying our best and it’s just really fun.”

A skill like improv could easily be applied to and be effectively used in real world situations according to Daly.

“Well, it would kind of be a good life skill because like in like other things you can kind of improv stuff,” she said. “You can try like giving it your all and just make it up as you go and have more confidence.”