Students get a taste of clubs on campus

The+club+fair+is+Tuesday+in+the+rotunda.+Students+may+check+it+out+during+advisory+and+lunches.+

Kasey Harvey

The club fair is Tuesday in the rotunda. Students may check it out during advisory and lunches.

Caroline Caruso, Guest Contributor

More than 30 clubs and organizations are expected to set up for Tuesday’s Club Fair in the rotunda during advisory and lunch. The fair provides freshmen and upperclassmen alike a chance to explore different groups on campus.

“I’m really excited to see different clubs to join, and maybe some that I’m interested in,” freshman Sanjana Ganesan said. “I want to get involved with the school and meet new people. You don’t want to be that person that doesn’t do anything, you know. I’m open to pretty much anything that’s like fun and helpful to our community.”

Senior Emma Rainey encourages students to attend, as she believes clubs are important for creating student communities.

“School is such a big part of your life,” Rainey said. “And I feel like since it’s so much work, you should be able to enjoy part of it, and have something you can take home with you. School should somewhat be prepping you for real life.”

Best Buddies sponsor Cynthia Kays, hopes students join the organization, spreading a message of inclusivity at the club fair.

“Clubs help students out socially, but they also foster good climate, enthusiasm, and community, and spirit,” Kays said. “Our purpose is about letting everyone know that inclusion is allowed, that it is here, and we are a really good campus about the whole process, but we want to make sure that everybody really understands what inclusion is.”