Redhawks tame Lions on Friday

Helping to raise funds for Harper Manning, daughter of history teacher and basketball coach Ben Manning, volleyball hosted a fundraiser along with their game against Reedy on Friday, Oct. 4, 2019.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

Continuing the season in first place, volleyball took home yet another win on Friday from the Reedy Lions, and hosted a successful fundraiser for the Harper Manning, the daughter of history teacher and basketball coach Ben Manning. 

“We had like the night to support them, and the first thing I noticed was that reedy girls were wearing tie dye ribbons and hair bands and they had brought a sign to support Harper Manning and her family,” Junior Franny Trezza said. “It was heartwarming to see girls who went past the competition, and supported this family, and I really am glad to see that from them, and in other schools across the district. It was just good to see us all unite together. 

In a 3-1 finish, the Redhawks struggled to finish the game concisely, but the end results were just what they were looking for. 

“I think we kind of struggle with playing clean and keeping energy in that game,” Trezza said. “We didn’t have a student section and that has a big impact on the game,  but we managed to pull it together tan finish through which was good. I was nervous but we made it work, and I hope we keep playing well through the season.”