UT Austin

UT Austin Alumni English teacher Hope Rojas, assistant principal John Brown, and principal Ashley Rainwater show their Longhorn love in The Nest. As the early application deadline for both schools approaches Nov. 1, faculty give students their insight.

The experience

“UT was super fun and super challenging; I feel like the best way to sum it up is the people there work hard and play hard,” science teacher Kristen Newton said. “It’s Austin and there’s fun stuff to do, but everyone also take school seriously and are super competitive. You get an interesting dynamic of both worlds.” 

Student Consideration

“University of Texas attracts a lot of high level published professors,” history teacher Jeff Crowe said. So they’re getting a top top notch quality education when they go there. It’s also a place that’s celebrates diversity, so It’s not a college where you would go and you would just see all one, ethnicity and religious and social group, you get to encounter a lot a wide variety of different peoples from different backgrounds. And I think there’s a lot to that. When you’re having when you’re getting an education.”

How they differ

“How does UT differ from A&M?” assistant principal John Brown said. “We’re the greatest school on the face of the earth! What more can I say?”

I think when you look at the University of Texas, it’s one of the premier schools,” principal Ashley Rainwater said. “Whether you’re going for business, for science, or for education, there’s an amazing program for everybody.”