Senior night, school rivalry, and staying undefeated

Thomas Trezza

The Redhawks ended their 2019 District 9-5A season with a 3-0 win over 2nd place Lebanon Trail on Tuesday in The Nest. The Redhawks finished district play at 18-0, becoming the first team in Frisco ISD history to go 18-0. The team opens the playoffs Monday by taking on Sherman at Anna High School with first serve coming at 7 p.m.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

Finishing an unprecedented District 9-5A season Tuesday, the Redhawk volleyball team earned their twentieth win in a row, on Senior Night, by beating second place Lebanon Trail 3-0 to finish district play 18-0.

“This is a season I’ll never forget,” senior Jenna Wenaas said. “Not only was it a great way to end this season but a great way to end my time with this team, and an even better way to get ready to play some bigger teams in the region and state for playoffs.”

The victory was emotional for some of the players, including junior Franny Trezza, who saw the victory as the best way to send the seniors off.

“This has been such a great team and I will miss them so much next year,” Trezza said. “But I know they’re all looking forward to great things, and I’m glad we could have this season together and that we could really make this last victory happen.”