Redhawk volleyball players recognized across Frisco ISD

Abby Passmore

The Redhawks season and 22 game win streak came to an end on Tuesday, but the girls were recognized by coaches across the district for making each of the three All District teams. Coaches from every school vote on players from each school, to represent the best of the best from FISD.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

With all Frisco ISD volleyball teams done with their playoff season, coaches from across the district met up to discuss the All District awards, with Redhawk athletes holding places on all three district and academic teams, along with senior Jenna Wenaas earning the title of All District MVP. 

“It feels rewarding for sure, especially MVP to know that my hard work and dedication to Liberty and Frisco ISD in general has paid off,” Wenaas said. “A lot of hard work was put in, a lot of which people don’t see, but I think it is important for people to know it was earned not given.”

Senior Emily Nickell was also recognized for her placement on the All District Academic team, and receiving an honorable mention for the All District team. 

“I feel very grateful to be both academic all district and honorable mention shows me that my hard work really paid off,” Nickell said. “I think it shows that we had a really hard-working team and that it’s possible to be a great student and athlete.”

The athletes have each found a way to balance school and sports, and perform at a level that earned them recognition from coaches at schools across the district. 

“A lot of hard work was put in, a lot of which people don’t see,” Wenaas said, “But I think it is important for people to know it was earned not given.” 

With the Redhawk’s season coming to an end, coach Ui Womble believes that each athlete was a great example of the program’s success. 

“It’s been great seeing these girls perform and just do what they came out to do,” Womble said. “They have had a great season, and I love that we had so many girls get recognized for all the work they put it, both in the gym and in the classroom.”