Caught by surprise, Firehouse Subs gets a new look

No injuries reported

Several+students+making+a+Starbucks+run+Thursday+morning+witnessed+a+silver+Jeep+crash+into+the+Firehouse+Subs+on+Custer+and+121.+Although+the+Jeep+managed+to+break+through+the+glass+window%2C+there+were+no+injuries+reported.+

Teagan Jaussi

Several students making a Starbucks run Thursday morning witnessed a silver Jeep crash into the Firehouse Subs on Custer and 121. Although the Jeep managed to break through the glass window, there were no injuries reported.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

The Firehouse Subs, just minutes from campus, became something of a surprise drive-thru Thursday morning after an unnamed driver accidentally drive through the side of the restaurant.

Firehouse sub employees at the scene chose not to comment on the accident, but several Redhawks students were nearby at the time.

“I was getting breakfast at Starbucks and I was walking back to my car when I heard a crash,” senior Kaitlyn Kumler said. “I turned around to see the car inside Firehouse Subs.”

Another witness, freshman Teagan Jaussi, was startled by the accident.

“I was shocked that that actually happened and scared,” Jaussi said. “She hit the gas instead of the brake when she meant to park. My dad went in and asked the lady if she was okay and to turn off her car. He called 911 and the police asked us what happened, got our information and helped the mom.”

With Firehouse Subs opening at 10:30 a.m., there were no employees present at the time.

“I was definitely startled and concerned for who was inside,” Kumler said. “But thankfully the store was closed so there was no one inside and the woman driving was okay, just shaken.”