Annual cookie exchange puts bakeries to shame

Yael Even

PTSA members help to fill the library with cookies baked by the community. Staff had the chance to bring cookies home to their family as part of the exchange.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Whipping up a batch of holiday cheer, Rice Krispie treats, M&M cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and dozens of other treats filled the library Tuesday during lunch for the annual staff cookie exchange hosted by the PTSA.

“We like to thank the teachers for everything they do for the students throughout the whole semester,” PTSA member Luann Glatch said. “It takes a lot of volunteers, a lot of students bring in treats for volunteer hours and we have wonderful moms and dads that help with the luncheon and set up. It’s a lot of behind the scenes work, but it’s worth it.”

Thrilled by the load of sweets, counselor Ryan Kiefer enjoys the annual event.

“I think it’s great the PTSA hosts the cookie exchange every year,” he said. “It really shows a lot of community support, and I know all the teachers and faculty greatly appreciate it.”

With hundreds and hundreds of cookies and other desserts to choose from, outdoor education teacher Justin Koons plans to take advantage of all the sweets.

“The cookie exchange is awesome,” Koons said. “I’m going to get a box box full of cookies, and then I’m going to come after the last lunch and get all the scraps.”