Hoping to score under the big lights at The Star

Looking+to+aim+for+the+net%2C+the+ball+is+dribbled+down+the+field.+Returning+from+their+matchup+with+the+Heritage+Coyotes%2C+girls+soccer+take+a+win+4-0%2C+and+boys+take+a+loss+0-2.+

Michael Martin

Looking to aim for the net, the ball is dribbled down the field. Returning from their matchup with the Heritage Coyotes, girls soccer take a win 4-0, and boys take a loss 0-2.

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

Typically the soccer teams play at home or other District 9-5A soccer fields. However, Friday the teams have a unique opportunity to take on Reedy at the Dallas Cowboys indoor practice stadium, the Ford Center at the Star.

“Beating Wakeland on Tuesday gave us a lot of confidence which we can use on the field for Friday,”  girls’ captain, junior Avery Jennings said. “We are feeling really good about the game at the Star. Although we are confident we are humble and respectful of our opponents.”

With this being the third game this week, the girls’ team spent Thursday morning at the Star with the Cowboys trainers.

“We have been doing a tone of recovery, even some at the Star,” Jennings said. “We have been taking care of our bodies in the best way possible.”

As for the boys, they hope to bounce back from a 4-1 loss to the Wolverines.

“We played really well against Wakeland,” boys’ head coach Fred Kaiser said. “Seems like we got our minds right, if we focus on how we did that game we should come out with a pretty good result.” 

With the team playing at the Ford Center at the Star, the professional stadium comes at a cost with the field approximately twenty yards wider than the high school players are used to. 

“We worked on some stuff Thursday, just on the width of the field,” Kaiser said. “So that way we can be aware of it, it can affect things like set pieces, corner kicks and possession and things like that.”