Last dual of the season brings Bridwell 100th win

Celebrating+coach+Cody+Bridwells+100th+win%2C+the+team+poses+for+a+picture+with+Bridwells+new+plaque.+The+teams+dual+season+is+over%2C+but+the+team+is+now+looking+forward+to+bigger+things+to+come+at+the+district+tournament+Friday+Feb.+7.+

Celebrating coach Cody Bridwell’s 100th win, the team poses for a picture with Bridwell’s new plaque. The team’s dual season is over, but the team is now looking forward to bigger things to come at the district tournament Friday Feb. 7.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

Taking a win to Reedy High School Thursday, head wrestling coach Cody Bridwell has now collected his 100th dual win as a Redhawk, in the team’s last dual of the season. 

“I don’t track wins and losses. Never have and never will,” Bridwell said. “It was kind of an acknowledgement of the parents, wrestlers, and coaches. My goal has always been focused on the wrestlers and their journey, not my own. 

While the celebration of his 100th win was a pleasant surprise, Bridwell hoped for a cleaner performance from the team. 

“For the duals I felt that we didn’t wrestle our ability at times,” Bridwell says. “There’s a difference in giving your best effort, versus wrestling desperately. I felt last night we became impatient and wrestled desperate.” 

Even though Bridwell saw room for improvement, senior Daley Burkett was glad for the win, and getting to celebrate the work that the coaches put in. 

“It was really cool seeing Bridwell get his 100th dual win,” Burkett said. “The coaching staff does so much for us, and him getting that recognition is a good way for the wrestlers to show our appreciation for all that they do for us.”