Goodbye Gluten: mini bundt cakes
My family has never been one for big parties or extravagant gatherings, but when we finally decide to have people over we make sure it is a night they won’t forget. My mom has found a sudden interest in hosting a Valentine’s Day party for our close friends and she is insanely excited about it. From the decorations that are going to be hung from the ceiling to the tiny pink flags that will be placed in the cakes, she has everything planned. So for the deserts, we have planned to make mini bundt cakes.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 1/4 cup (2oz/57g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 cup (4oz/115g) powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you want it!!)
- In a small bowl cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, milk, and sugar. Whisk until you get a smooth glaze. Set aside.
- When the cake is done all to cool in the pan for 20 minutes then turn it out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, drizzle over the cream cheese glaze, top with toasted coconut and enjoy!
- Cover and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. It will also freeze well for up to 8 weeks
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups any glutton free flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 ℉ and generously grease a 10-inch cake or bundt pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl and gradually add the eggs one by one.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Combine all ingredients by alternating the dry mixture and the buttermilk into the egg mixture, mixing thoroughly between each switch.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking soda and vinegar. Quickly stir the foaming mixture and fold into the batter.
- Without wasting any time, pour the batter into the prepared cake pans and bake for 50 mins.