Learning from the loss, softball prepares for district season

Taking advantage of the fleeing clouds and wet weather, softball traveled to Irving Nimitz High School and Newman Smith High School Friday and Saturday for a tournament. Despite losing all three games, the team utilized the tournament as a learning opportunity.

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

With a break in the wet weather, the softball team traveled to Irving Nimitz High School and Newman Smith High School for tournament action Friday and Saturday, going 0-3 on the weekend. 

“Obviously our scores weren’t what we wanted them to be,” junior Rachel Wilson said. “But these games really showed us what we need to work on to get us ready for our first district game this Tuesday.”

Softball played two games on Friday and one on Saturday, where they focused on their teamwork and morale. 

“We learned that our energy is so important in the games and that keeping that up will help the overall attitude of the team,” Wilson said. 

In addition to learning about their energy the team is taking this tournament as a learning opportunity, of what to work on in practice as they prepare to start District 9-5A against Wakeland Tuesday. 

“During practice we have been working on basically everything,” Wilson. “We spend so much time working everything we possibly can in the time we have hoping it will translate to the games we have coming up.”