Counselors extend support to students during eLearning

While+most+students+began+the+2020-2021+school+year+virtually%2C+special+education+students+participated+in+face-to-face+classes+since+the+first+day.+Parents+and+teachers+agree+that+maintaining+structure+and+routines+is+beneficial+to+special+education+students%2C+which+is+difficult+to+do+virtually.+

Amelia Jauregui

While most students began the 2020-2021 school year virtually, special education students participated in face-to-face classes since the first day. Parents and teachers agree that maintaining structure and routines is beneficial to special education students, which is difficult to do virtually.

Trisha Dasgupta, Staff Reporter

As students are adjusting to the new challenges that come with eLearning and online classes, they are able to reach out to their counselor and set up online appointments through the Counselor Website

“As counselors, we continue to work diligently to provide all of our students with academic, social, and emotional support necessary to be successful in all of life’s endeavors,” Dr. Stefanie Mueller said via email. “We have a variety of resources to help support students, and regardless of the learning environment, our role continues to center around student support.”

Students can set up meetings in a variety of ways, including the LHS Counselor Corner Google form, email, and Zoom

“We are working with students by phone, zoom, or by email at this time,” Mueller said. “Our role has not changed as counselors, the platform by which students receive support just looks different.  We are here to support students with whatever they might need help with. We are answering questions regarding post-secondary plans, current class concerns, next year’s schedule, and everyday challenge students might be facing.”