The hunt for new coaches

After being on campus for 14 years, head volleyball coach U’ilani Womble is leaving. In addition, head girl’s soccer coach Liz Mokler is leaving after three years. Campus Athletic Coordinator Larry Swinnea and Principal Ashley Rainwater are on the hunt for to find a new volleyball head coach and a new head coach for girls’ soccer.

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

Campus Athletic Coordinator Larry Swinnea and Principal Ashley Rainwater have begun the process of trying to find a new volleyball head coach and a new head coach for girls’ soccer after the announced departures of  U’ilani Womble (volleyball) and Liz Mokler (girls’ soccer).

We don’t have a strict timeline for our coaching searches as ultimately we are looking to hire the best coach for each position,” Swinnea said. “We are looking for individuals that are skilled coaches in their sport, great classroom teachers, and eager to help Redhawks grow as leaders on and off the court.”

Womble’s departure also opens up the position of Head Girls Athletic Coordinator, but that position may not be filled first. 

“The three coaching positions will be filled before we turn to our Girls Athletic Coordinator,” Rainwater said.  “We would like all of our coaches that serve our women’s sports to have an opportunity to be considered.”