Trezza takes the title of StuCo president

provided by Franny Trezza and Tyler Brown

COVID-19 has closed schools, however the student body is able to vote for the Student Body President of the 2020 through 2021 school year. On the left is rising senior Franny Trezza, followed by rising senior Tyler Brown on the right.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Students have already left the nest for the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19, however the results are in with rising senior Franny Trezza elected as Student Body President and rising senior Tyler Brown elected as Vice President.

“I am so honored to be elected President,” Trezza said. “I am excited for this role to work with faculty and students alike to make next year amazing. Due to our current situation, it is hard to know how next year will look. No matter the circumstances we find ourselves in, I hope to connect the student body by producing a memorable year and continuing to build the positive environment already present at Liberty.”

Brown is pleased to work side by side Trezza.

“I’m really excited to work with her,” Brown said. “I know we’re gonna have a lot of fun. I think we will work well together.”

Although her term is coming to an end, senior Emma Hancock encourages Trezza to appreciate every little moment as president.

“I would say to focus on what you can control and do your best in those areas, but what you can’t control, don’t worry about,” Hancock said. “Your best is all you can give. I would also encourage Franny to take the time to really get to know each Student Council member, to learn their strengths and weaknesses so that she can lead the group in the most effective way possible. Finally, I encourage Franny to have fun. High school is short and the opportunity to lead as President is a special thing.”

Teammate and friend of Trezza, senior Caitlyn Brown is happy to see her friend achieve something she has been working towards.

“I’m so proud of her because this has been her goal for such a long time,” Brown said. “She’s going to be an amazing student body president because she is so hardworking and dedicated to helping others, I can’t wait to see what she does for our school.”