Brief internet outage leads to creative solutions

When+parts+of+Frisco+suffered+from+a+brief+internet+outage+on+Friday+during+third+period%2C+senior+Tom+Punnen+temporarily+took+over+teaching+his+ISM+class.+%E2%80%9CWhen+we+realized+that+there+was+an+internet+issue%2C+the+ISM+2+students+collectively+stepped+up+in+the+absence+of+the+teacher.+We+had+all+been+through+a+year+of+ISM%2C+so+we+could+continue+explaining+the+course+to+our+fellow+classmates.+With+the+host+abilities%2C+I+decided+to+share+my+screen+and+give+a+brief+overview+of+the+course+and+Canvas+until+Mrs.+Secord+returned%2C+he+said.+

Google

When parts of Frisco suffered from a brief internet outage on Friday during third period, senior Tom Punnen temporarily took over teaching his ISM class. “When we realized that there was an internet issue, the ISM 2 students collectively stepped up in the absence of the teacher. We had all been through a year of ISM, so we could continue explaining the course to our fellow classmates. With the host abilities, I decided to share my screen and give a brief overview of the course and Canvas until Mrs. Secord returned,” he said.

Caroline Caruso, Managing Editor

The second day of school took a virtual timeout on Friday as students and teachers encountered a slight hiccup during third period when parts of Frisco suffered a brief internet outage.

“It was so sudden. I was talking to my class and then Zoom just shut down,” journalism teacher Brian Higgins said. “I went into the hall to make sure it wasn’t just my room, and pretty quickly social studies teacher Tim Johannes said he was going to Zoom on his phone, so I did the same thing until service was restored.” 

The unexpected internet outage led senior Tom Punnen to temporarily take over teaching his ISM class. 

“It was the middle of 3B, and suddenly our ISM teacher left the meeting,” he said. “When we realized that there was an internet issue, the ISM 2 students collectively stepped up in the absence of the teacher. We had all been through a year of ISM, so we could continue explaining the course to our fellow classmates. With the host abilities, I decided to share my screen and give a brief overview of the course and Canvas until Mrs. Secord returned.”