Filed under A&E, Reviews

Review: A frozen treat awaits at Purple Kiwi

There are dozens of places to get frozen yogurt in Frisco, but for people looking for the best, Purple Kiwi is they way to go. 3333 Preston Rd., Suite 108, Frisco TX, 75034

Emma Crampton

There are dozens of places to get frozen yogurt in Frisco, but for people looking for the best, Purple Kiwi is they way to go. It offers the finest nonfat and low-fat frozen yogurt flavors along with hundreds of fresh toppings.

Before stepping foot into Purple Kiwi, customers are already lured in by the fun, eye catching colors of their logo.

Once inside, customers are welcomed with a nicely lit and decorated environment. The light decor along with the colored tiles portrays a pleasant feel.

With a total of 33 flavors and 34 fresh toppings, Purple Kiwi has a pretty vast selection. They carry the typical small, medium and large cups for the customers to choose from.

With numerous flavors and dozens of toppings available, Purple Kiwi has everything wanted in a frozen yogurt place.

Emma Crampton

The red velvet is supposedly very popular, according to the employee at the front desk. The taste was not unsatisfactory, but it was a bit too sweet. It tasted as if it were an actual cupcake with a bit too much icing.

The white chocolate mousse was similar to the red velvet in a different aspect. It was not a bad flavor, though it was slightly too bitter. It needed a tad more sugar in order to fully fulfill the customer’s craving for sweets.

The birthday cake  was by far the most flavorful and satisfying. It had the perfect amount of sweetness and creaminess to it’s taste. With some added cherries along with the texture of sprinkles, the birthday cake yogurt was perfection.

Although Purple Kiwi isn’t the most popular location to grab frozen yogurt, with the right choices, it may be your best bet.

Emma Crampton, Opinion Editor

Emma Crampton is a senior (finally yay!) who loves writing, singing, and being surrounded by people she loves. She loves just about everybody too so chances...